Director, Organizational Development
The Director, Organizational Development is a leadership position that supports ACT Alberta’s administration, growth and development. The successful candidate will actively participate as an enthusiastic team member and leader within the organization; set and maintain a standard of excellence in demeanor, communication, and work ethic.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this position pertain to leading and implementing ACT Alberta’s communications and fund development strategies. Secondary responsibilities relate to supporting the Executive Director with overseeing day to day administration of the organization, and drafting policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement internal and external communication strategies
- Manage ACT Alberta’s brand and reputation
- Develop and maintain communications documents and tools such as print materials, presentation content, organizational history, press clippings, videos, photos, and reports
- Lead fund development strategy and activities, including grant applications, fundraising events and other initiatives
- Oversee reporting and stewardship activities
- Oversee administration of all ACT Alberta offices
- Manage financial administration, monitoring and forecasting, and assist with budget development
- Manage relationships related to administration such as landlords, the co-tenant, and insurance
- Manage the work of professional contractors supporting operations such as IT, accounting, database administration, and others, as applicable
- Provide direction, supervision and management of staff, as applicable
- Provide advice and support for the Executive Director on operational issues and strategy
- Assist the Executive Director with drafting policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Human Services, Communications, Public Health or related field
- At least five years of relevant, varied, and progressive experience
- Experience working with complex systems and issues
- Demonstrated ability to network, and to build and maintain external relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, English proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- The successful candidate will provide a clear criminal record check
- Understanding of human trafficking and related issues
- Experience working on complex social issues and gender-based violence
- Certified Fund Raising Executive certification
- Experience with human resources policy development
This is a full-time term position covering a maternity leave for the period of April 1, 2018 to July 31, 2019. The position will be based out of ACT Alberta’s Edmonton office. ACT Alberta offers a comprehensive benefits package and supports a flexible working schedule.
Please submit applications, including cover letter and resume, before February 28, 2018 at 11:59 pm MST to email@example.com with “Director, Organizational Development” in the subject line.
As an employer, ACT Alberta is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our stakeholders and the communities we serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender identity.