We are a strictly non-partisan organization. The volunteer program is competitive. Submission of an application does not guarantee placement.
All ACT Alberta volunteers must support the following principles:
ACT Alberta is an inclusive organization. We welcome stakeholders, volunteers, staff and members from all backgrounds, abilities, ethnic groups, religions, sexual orientations and genders. We expect all our staff, while working with or representing ACT Alberta, to adhere to the same principles of inclusion and non-discrimination.
There may be dissenting perspectives within our stakeholders, volunteers, staff and members on issues related to human trafficking. ACT Alberta expects stakeholders, volunteers, staff and members to be respectful of these differences.
Stakeholders, volunteers, staff and members must not disclose any confidential information they may be privileged to while working with ACT Alberta. All ACT Alberta documents, letters and files that come to your possession during your time employed by ACT Alberta shall be returned to ACT Alberta upon termination or completion of your employment.
All volunteers must:
- Submit a Volunteer Application Form
- Undergo a reference check
- Undergo a police security screening
- ACT Alberta relies on the willingness of many individuals and organizations that generously initiate fundraising events and activities to raise money in support of our programs and services. For those interested in donating proceeds from their events, please click here for our Third Party Fundraiser form and contact us to share your idea.
- We are looking for highly skilled and experienced volunteers with legal skills. Please contact us to discuss further.