ACT Alberta provides training and education on human trafficking to service providers and stakeholders. This training aims to equip attendees with the tools and training needed to accurately identify and appropriately respond to instances of human trafficking.
All training can be customized depending on the need of the audience. Please contact us.
- About Act Alberta
- About Human Trafficking
- Human Trafficking in Alberta
- Charges and Convictions in Alberta
- Red Flags and Indicators
- ACT Alberta’s Victim Response
- What you can do
3 Hour Training
A more in depth look at human trafficking. Our 3 hour training will cover the following topics:
- What is human trafficking
- The nuances between human trafficking and human smuggling
- The complexities of the crime
- Red flags and indicators
- How human trafficking presents in Alberta
- Barries to assisting victims of human trafficking
- Canadian case studies: Labour trafficking, sex trafficking and intersections
- The trouble with Trauma
- Group Discussion:
- Human trafficking community response mapping
- Responding to disclosures
- Next Steps
- What is ACT Alberta and how we can work together to assist victims
- How you can help
Train the Trainer
Requires further consultation. Please contact us.
Equips the participants with the tools required for human trafficking awareness presentations.
You will leave with the knowledge necessary to raise awareness about human trafficking in your communities.
Training & Education Request Form
Please note: ACT Alberta books all training and education workshops two months in advance. For special circumstances, please contact us.